Childhood Immunisations Update
This is an update for those nurses who give Childhood Vaccinations in General Practice.
It is necessary to have had the 2-day core training previously.
The course will act as a refresher as well as looking at New Developments, programmes and guidelines considering challenges as a result of Covid-19.
This is an interactive course with an assessment with an online questionnaire generating a certificate.
The course includes –
- Childhood Diseases and how to prevent them
- The Immune System and Herd Immunity
- Storage and handling of vaccines
- Accountability and legal aspects of vaccination
- Scheduled and unscheduled Vaccination
- Adverse Reactions
- Improving uptake rate of immunisations
- Considerations with COVID